Tuesday 7 October 2008

Day 3 Greeley Hill




I woke up in a great mood and felt harmony with the world. The fact I was not getting on the bike was a massive relief. Ann and I went to the local cafĂ© and had a cooked breakfast with lots of coffee. I spoke to the local shop and begged them to use their Wi-Fi. At lunch Ann and I went for a drive around Yosemite National Park. I was a little reluctant at first as I didn’t want to see the roads I had to ride on. Parts of me now wish I hadn’t as I have some stonking hills between now and Death Valley.

We started at Rainbow Pools which was a lovely little oasis. It was so peaceful and the only company we had were ground squirrels. From here we headed to Tuolumne Grove. I have never seen such large trees, one in particular was over 352 ft and we could walk through the trunk of another one. We decided to circle back to Ann’s ranch via the edge of Yosemite Valley. The view was incredible and gave me a little taster of what I will see in the next few days.






So, the plan tomorrow is to try and get the biked fixed and depending on how long that will take will determine my course of action. After seeing the terrain between here and Tioga Pass, it has made me a little anxious that the bike wont make it. I will be going up hill for about 40 miles!

No comments: