Monday 10 November 2008

Day 36 New Orleans, Louisiana



We all had a fantastic lay in and eventually had some fresh muffins for breakfast. Duffy took on the role as a tour guide and drove Kayla and I around New Orleans so I could witness the devastation caused from hurricane Katrina in 2005. It was rather shocking to think the floods were over 3 years ago and, yet in places, houses were still in the same state the day they got destroyed. The water lines were still visible along with the marks left by the national guard indicting the house had been searched. There were also holes in the roof where people had to be evacuate by helicopter.


The eeriest part of the tour was seeing the only remains of the property being a concrete porch. The house had simply disappeared leaving a concrete pillar. In some parts people had made the difficult to decision to move back to their house and start again but have had a boost by companies offer unique energy saving houses.

We returned home where Duffy had changed his role from a tour guide to a chef. Whilst he prepared a unique dinner I got rid of all my hair. I felt normal again.

2 comments:

Vassilios said...

Hi mosqueteer:
My facial hair is a lot less than yours, when I decide to clean it. At the maximum it is three days old. Somehow it takes me a lot longer to get rid of it than it took you to get rid of ton of beard. Good job. You must show me the trick!!!!

Forge ahead mosqueteer.

One for all, all for one

Chris Mathieson said...

Kris......i am so envious..........I'd love to do a trip like this.....I just have to put up with cycling around Essex and London lol.......god luck m8

Chris Mathieson