Thursday 20 November 2008

Day 47 Lake City, Florida


Stats
Daily mileage 70 Ride Time 4hr 42min
Avg speed 14.84 mph Total mileage 3000

It was colder in my hotel room than my tent the previous night. If only I found the air conditioning button before I went to bed it could have been a different story! Still feeling stuffed from my massive pizza, I struggled at breakfast. My breakfast buffet effort is not even worth talking about.

I got on the road and instantly felt the wind behind me. The difference was incredible and I sliced up the road with my speed. My spirits never dipped and I felt on cloud nine all day. With the sun shining bright, I revealed my bare torso to the world and got some rays whilst on the saddle. The roads were quiet and I loved every second of it.

I was thinking about where the desire to do these things came from and I have decided to blame it all on the movie ‘Goonies’. I remember watching that film and thinking I want to experience an adventure like that and hear I am doing exactly that. Except instead of finding treasure, the reward will be completing the journey.

I arrived at Barry’s house, my warmshowers.org host, and introduced to his three energetic dogs. I jumped in the shower and weighed myself for the first time in months. I have lost 36lbs/16kg in total. Some of that weight was lost on the Istanbul bike ride but the majority has been during this trip.

We spent the evening chatting and relaxing. It should be another relatively short day tomorrow so I might enjoy a short lay in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BB wants to know if you've been cheating on her with some other low down dirty dog.