Thursday 13 November 2008

Day 39 New Orleans, Louisiana

Today is the day before tomorrow and tomorrow is the day I get back on the road. With this in mind I decided to do as little as possible and relax. I sent several couch surfing/hospitality/warmshower requests for the last leg of my journey and planned my route out of the city.

I have 9 days to get to Jacksonville, which leaves me 2 days spare before boarding my plane. I have calculated the daily mileage at approx 70 miles. The route will be following the gulf coast for at least 4 days so I am hoping to be able to camp on the beach.

My body aches have gone and the last time I checked the rashes have cleared. Physically I am ready to go but mentally I am done. I had focused so hard on getting to my friends house, it felt as though the trip was over. I am sure once I am back on the road my focus will return. The flights I have purchased can not be changed so I am hoping I do not have any more break downs. Fingers crossed people!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kris

I had to leave at least one comment: Well done in all your achievements. You have shown that "Nothing is impossible if you have the desire to try".

Mum x