Sunday 16 November 2008

Day 43 Navarre, Florida


Stats
Daily mileage 84 Ride Time 6hr 19min
Avg speed 13.35 mph Total mileage 2677

I woke up early and eager to get on with the day. The night was not as cold as everyone had said but the early morning wind was making the air chilly. I packed up and got to the port 30 mins before departure. Eventually somebody showed up and confirmed the crossing would go ahead. Thoroughly relieved I jumped aboard and went straight to the front of the boat. I hid from the wind and relaxed. I later found out that the ferry seized operations a few hours later.
By 0900hrs I was on the road and at some point today I knew I would cross into Florida. I stopped after 20 miles and had a Subway breakfast. The wind was relentless and cold and the miles weren’t totting up. I had to put on a long sleeved top and wind proof for the first time in the trip.

The ride followed the coast all day but that still wasn’t enough to lift my spirits. I seem to struggle mentally if I havent covered a certain amount of miles by midday and because of the slow start I felt I was playing catch up. Eventually I pulled myself together and wondered why I go through these mood swings.

With the sun coming down I decided to call it a day when I reached Navarre. I was informed there was a RV Park in town but then I saw a Best Western and it attracted me like a magnet. I haggled down the price to something still extortionate and watched the sun set outside my room. I cant wait until the breakfast buffet tomorrow as I have only eaten a subway sandwich, a honey bun and 3 Hersheys bar.

I continued with my Best Western bedroom gymnastics, which was inspired by the movie Bloodsport. Jean Claude Van Dame eat your heart out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice homage to Bloodsport, but you weren't screaming, nor were you in slow motion.

Wan said...

Not bad for an old man! Thankfully you spared everone from Van Damme's after sex, butt flash. On behalf of everyone, THANK YOU

Kayla said...

I agree with wan completely! Thank you. But I am starting to wonder about you. What has America done to you?