Tuesday 11 November 2008

Day 37 New Orleans, Louisiana




Today was all about cleaning my bike and sorting out my airfare home. After spending hours on the phone to Virgin Atlantic they told me they would not change my ticket and I have to fly all the way back across to San Francisco and then fly home to London. This actually works out as the cheapest option but it means having to get a internal flight from Jacksonville to San Francisco, which will be a real pain in the ass and very time consuming.

So the date has been set and I have12 days to cycle from New Orleans to Jacksonville, some 600 miles. For all my fans, you can greet me at the airport on the 26th November at 1100am Heathrow airport Terminal 3.

When Duffy and Kayla got home we went into town for a traditional dining experience. I ate everything including the food on Kayla’s plate! Afterwards we meandered through the groovy French quarter and soaked up the flavour aswell as some interesting cocktails. Several beers and cocktails later we decided to head home so Kayla could get on with her studying and Duffy and I could blast the hell out of each other on the Xbox. As usual, time flies when the box is in full flight and after only two victories on my behalf we called it truths just after midnight.

As some of you may not be aware, I am raising money for Cancer Research and should you want to donate please click on the link below. Incase some of you are confused, I am still using the justgiving website I set up for the Road to Istanbul trip.

No comments: